Thursday, April 19, 2012

Do you use Hurricane anymore?

First of all, I'm here to get advice, so feel free to move on if you're going to lolnoob me.

My experience has been that in Cataclysm, Hurricane is just so incredibly expensive, I run out of mana after a few casts. I've got the proper mana regen talents, but on Magmaw, for instance, if I'm supposed to be hurricaning the worms, I can only make it for a cycle or two before I shut down.

This wasn't the case previous to cataclysm - I couldn't hurricane all day, of course, but I could get out one in an eclipse rotation, say, and still be doing fine.

Do you still use hurricane, or do you just moonfire-spam if you have to "aoe"? Is there any way to make it more cost-effective? (I'm not talking about gale of winds, dps per hurricane is a different issue, I just want to be able to cast it without running out of mana!)

I have to wonder if this is expected behavior - I would not think Bliz would give us a spell at this stage in the game that was useless.

I'm looking forward to 4.0.6, because mushrooms seem to be much more cost-effective, and the 6-yard range should make them usable, too. Between hurricane and crit taking such a low priority this time around.... I miss being a boomkin, heh.
I use it on Corborus in H Stonecore to kill his Crystals, and I use it on Maloriak after I've used Mushrooms and Starfall during a Green Vial.

Never use it on Magmaw. It's a waste of time and mana.
If you are glyphed, it's a good spell during Magmaw to slow down the slugs. Other than that, it's essentially a waste of mana unless you are farming old content.
Rarely. Never on Magmaw.

Usually it's only on trash pulls if I have a surplus of mana, Starfall's already going or on CD, and I've just detonated my shrooms. Otherwise it's just way too expensive.
Never...cost way way way way way to much mana.
O and did I mention it cost to much mana?
Glyphed on Cho'gall for when the bloods make it past the frost traps. Will use one per green phase on Maloriak. Other than that, rarely use it. Easier and more efficient to mushroom it up and dot rotate.
It's like a 20% of my mana. Ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment