Saturday, April 21, 2012

Feral or Balance off spec?

I am a resto druid and was just wondering which offspec is better? I like feral more but if i go balance i just have to get one set of gear. What do you guys think?
I guess it depends on what you want to do with it. I'm trying to decide whether to change secondary spec to Restro from Feral (primary is Balance).

The one set of gear theory for Restro and Balance is only partly true. There are certainly pieces of gear that give far better bonuses to one than the other. At the least you'd probably have to reforge to gain some hit.

Balance druids have a fairly straightforward rotation. With a few addon's to show when things are available and the DoT timers, you can get up to speed pretty fast. It also means you can drop to backup healing if needed for a short time and jump back without feeling lost.

You didn't say if you wanted feral dps or feral tank. Either are completely different sets of gear. feral dps(cat) is not so easy to learn. There's a lot of timing of stacking attacks and managing rage is a lot more touchy than balancing mana use. Much as going out and killing stuff one on one or the occasional BG is fun with feral, I just can't afford the gear to be competetive in both specs. It's been expensive and time consuming enough trying to gear back up just for my Balance spec after Cata hit. I've pretty well ignored my feral spec.

No comments:

Post a Comment