Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Missing Component?

[:1]I've been leveling Boomkin from 10-77. I occassionally PVP as any leveling person does, and I have begun to noticed something. Whether it is an actual problem, or my lack of skill as Balance, I feel as though we are missing another form of CC. Sure Typhoon is always there to be a wonderful help, but with a 20 sec CD, (17 glyphed), it's not their in certain scenarios due to using it prior, to your dire "OH !@*!!" moment. Roots can also work, but when playing, whether killing mobs, or players, you evidently will have your DoT's on, rendering roots near futile. Cyclone is also there, but your DoT's do no dmg, and you can hardly make any distance. Does anyone feel the same? If I'm doing anything wrong, please pitch in your 2 cents.
um...natures grasp-> melee hits you->cheetah to get distance
thats about it.
also can sleep ferals/pets.

I can't agree, for 77. At that level, I felt balance pvp was quite nice. I had all my useful pvp spells, and my heals still were quite nice. I was still able to be burst down easily if caught off guard, but if I was aware, I could kite away and/or roll hots. I could play defensively (vs mages), rolling hots on myself, while interrupting their bursts, baiting cs's, then bursting heals and dps once cs was on cd. And at lvl 74, oh, balance pvp was perfect. Maximum strength hots, strong dps, cyclone to heal or burst from, solar beam with roots, all while being able to survive mostly.

But I think I had that missing component which you lack: burst healing from vial of the sunwell and alchemy pots. The resillience from full s4 was nice, too.

I'm afraid however, that it'll only get much, much, MUCH worse as you level up =(

No comments:

Post a Comment