Thursday, April 12, 2012

PvP Druid Concerns / Blue Post thoughts

[:1]I'm making sure this post is CONSTRUCTIVE and kept my information organized. I play several classes in arena anywhere between 2k-2500s but I'll try to focus on the druid issues here!

Warrior Concerns
Currently in arena MS warriors are doing too much damage. In theory a tradeoff of mobility for damage allows for lower uptime on targets and therefore balances out the damage, however, this doesn't take into account spells such as freedom from paladins for hunter pets, partners that are good at keeping players stationary, healer dispels, or partner CC.

From a restoration druid perspective, I've had full HoTs rolling on a death knight (full vicious, Euroforia, he's on my 3s) in 3600 resilience die while being spammed with Regrowth because the warrior can dps through all the HoTs and bring the target down on his own (while soothing enrage effects off him, rooting, cyclone, and fear until DR).

Why the sudden nerfs?
In the most recent blue post you mentioned that you feel resto druids are overpowered in PvP. To be honest I really feel that this was a direct result of a few top caliber players who pushed to rank 1 playing DK, Spriest, Rdruid. I understand how that comp was extremely strong when played by these people, and others had SOME success with it but just by looking at the rankings I don't really see a lot of "overpowered druid comps" other than that. The comp needed to be nerfed, but the removal of priest dispel really kills the synergy of that comp. They worked well together because they had double dispels going on the unholy Death Knight while also getting priest damage out and having good instant CC to create pressure (Massivez the DK made a WCM).

I really think that these nerfs are too harsh ALTOGETHER and will cripple these classes with other comps that didn't have that amazing power unholy cleave did!

Lifebloom Concerns
Removing 20% of the bloom effect on lifebloom seems like a bit much to remove altogether, I really wish Blizzard would make a smaller change like 10%, and possible remove it from Gift of the Earthmother talent rather than just a baseline nerf because by removing 20% from the spell you're also removing 20% from the talent which equals to 3%. So basically assuming you're talented for GotE we're looking at a 23% nerf on our single target coordinated heal! Lifebloom management is supposed to be a core component of our class, if you nerf this I'd REALLY like to see it come out of the talent itself instead OR a buff to say swiftmend which currently heals for less than a single lifebloom bloom!

Another nice direction would be to simply buff the healing output of our HoTs and make them cost slightly more mana. I really don't think that a rejuv ticking for less than 6k is enough when a warrior is hitting me for 23-25k or a hunter is hitting for 15-17k chimera shots through my 4200 resilience. It's fine if they cost A LITTLE more but please make my healing effective!

DISCLAIMER
I've tried to keep my post CONSTRUCTIVE, I'm emphasizing that the reason for your changes is MY OPINION AND NOT CONFIRMED BY BLIZZARD. I merely shared a theory, thoughts on the status of my class in PvP specifically relating to recent and upcoming changes.
Agree with you on all points
Agreed.


Good thread.
Okay, I agree on most points, but I do agree with the lifebloom nerf. (Dont hate on me for this).
Druids would simply HoT > Travel form before anyone got to them, and get all their mana back whilst rooting one enemy and cycloning the other. DK's necrotic strike also should be nerfed, in my opinion that is - this is because im a pally, and our mobility SUCKS. We will NEVER be able to get away from a DK because of our 3 second speed increase on a longer cooldown than deathgrip.
Im not asking for hate - but druids really are the Best of the best in arena's atm.

Druids would simply HoT > Travel form before anyone got to them, and get all their mana back whilst rooting one enemy and cycloning the other..


you've clearly never played a druid in arena. When you're running for dear life, good luck trying to find the time to CC.
Deleted by Plywood
great topic, congratulations
Agree 100%, but will a blue acknowledge this? Doubtful.


Brb rerolling holy paladin.
I'm surprised at all the positive feedback!

@Bubbleoseven: I keep hearing paladins say that they want something else to do when they're not just spamming heals. From playing a paladin I've felt that your reliance on cooldowns is the real issue. Although to be honest I do agree that necrotic strike was a bit too strong. It's been toned down and it might still SEEM strong but I've noticed that paladins don't die to Necrotic Strike, paladins die to forced cooldowns and then LATER switched to with Necrotic Strike spam.

@Baconspec: Yeah our mobility is good but being unable to CC while moving does cause a lot of issues. In higher play you learn to create gaps WITH your team to allow for CC, but I've seen RMPs run after me for the entire game to make sure that I can't CC (and because if they catch me they'll probably force a trinket and then switch to one of my partners).

@Plywood: I expected a nerf to the synergy of unholy cleave and although I do have one of each healer, I REALLY don't want to reroll to the next FOTM class just because of balancing issues.

@Blizzard: I believe Blizzard can fix this and I KNOW you guys read EVERY post that comes through here. I'm just trying to present our feedback with as little "QQ" as possible.
I wouldn't be all that annoyed at this random 20% bloom nerf if they would compensate by buffing our other hots or our direct heals. I just hope we get something besides the tranquility cd... :\

Agree with the OP.
completley agree with everything OP said, especially HoTs costing more mana an healing more effectivley. If only blizz would get on board with that too.
I agree with everything above. As a druid you can't really run away and CC. yes its done, but not at the level of ease everyone thinks it is.

Blizzard had this crazy idea to make healers more mana conscious in cata, gave druids the tools to perform well at it, now they nerf them. I'm not sure what they are getting at. ATM, my warrior partner goes Defense in arena with me spaming hots that don't seem to be ticking at all against some of the DPS comps out there. . I also play a DK and saw the nerf on N-strike coming. I think it worked well, affected by resilience. People who are still dying to it are the ones that don't see it coming, or are out of CDs to manage it.
really i feel your pain drop the bloom wouldn't be so bad if they gave us buff on are other HoT or give us a new HoT that in powers the others cuz i hate getting my !!!! purge or dis spell
like really are heal come from are HoT yet there able to be tookn away then they get nerf an we have nothing fast enough to spam to bring other back really i love my drood i do but come on ToL is the only healing CD we really have cuz NS is use for CC in arena >.<
an sm is all that great



They're actually redesigning Efflorescence:

- Efflorescence now restores health equal to 4/8/12% of the amount healed by your Swiftmend to the three most injured targets within 8 yards, every 1 sec for 7 sec.

If I'm understanding this it's a pretty nice buff at 12% per second for 7 seconds (84% of swift mend total) and promotes proper positioning in arena (which is always a plus!).

- They reverted the life bloom nerf!

- Tranquility is becoming a 3-minute cool down which is a nice change (although it's situational in arena, allowing me to use more buttons more often in arena is always nice).

The Efflorescence buff will HELP, let's see how it plays out in arena though. I'm not sure this is enough to compensate for a 23% hit on lifebloom (after talents).

No comments:

Post a Comment