Saturday, April 14, 2012

4.0.6 Feral Suggestions (PvP)

[:1]Patch 4.0.6 will see feral druid extinction in PvP, if all these changes go live. Feral has never been part of high lvl arenas, except for short periods before a big nerf. While some changes to the spec are needed, they go far beyond what is necessary.
So here are my suggestions to keep druids competitive:

-Berserk breaks fear, but doesn't make the caster immune.

-Shapeshifting breaks all movement impairing effects (as it is today), but...

-4 piece PvP set doesn't give a 15% movement bonus, but instead increases cyclone range, or some ability's damage, or anything.

-Glyph of Entangling Roots is overpowered, but it would be nearly useless the way it is being changed. Keep the instant cast, but increase the skill cooldown to around 20s.

As for the damage changes, I think PvE dps won't be hurt, although it should be a significant nerf to PvP. Bear damage reduction seems steep too. I can't say if they are necessary or not. We should wait and see.

Regards,
Huginn

Edit: typing error.
I totally agree with you.

I'm fairly new to PvP'ing on my Druid and I've really started to enjoy it. The sole reason I picked this class was because of the mobility that is gained when shapeshifting out of root/snare effects.

I am doing 2s for a bit of fun with my Rogue friend, and today we were really suffering because of these changes.

Maybe it will just take time to get used to them, or maybe I'll just have to go back to PvE and PvP with another class.

I am disappointed they had to change something that has existed in this game for a very long time, that was one of the keystone abilities this awesome class had to offer.

Don't make Druids like every other class Blizzard!

/endqq

By the way,
Moo! :D
I've been a druid since I re-rolled for BC, and am trying to continue to love the class but slowly its being killed. The changes done were semi-needed as we were no-longer a "support" class in PvP but were accually able to play a lead dmg role. In the end the changes did go to far, and like Huginn I will offer my suggestions because anything will be better than this and me leaving a game I have played since it first came out.

Leave Beserk as is.

First ShapeShifting needs to go back to the way it was. Period.

I agree that implementing a simple cooldown to the Entangling Roots would be more fair.

Even though it seems as though there is alot more than just 10% nerf to bleeds; Leave the bleed dmg as it but lengthen the duration of them.

Given the recent bleed lose and the poor duration for a PvP set up, at the very least reconfig Ferocious Bite to be a more aproperiate finishing move; at the moment its a laughable joke.

Nerf us and what our mastery is used for.

Then.

You see Fury Warriors 3 button mash with mastery stacked. Destroying ALL while Healing.

Reroll?

No comments:

Post a Comment