Saturday, April 14, 2012

Druids: 4.06 Worse or better than expected?

[:1]I was thinking we would get nerfed hard and I would deal. But its way worse then I thought.

I canceled because its just not even fun anymore.

Before the patch a lot of people were saying it won't be that bad. I just wondered if those guys are still around?
They're still around, a majority of them don't play or play with feral.

For me it's exactly as bad as I thought: not completely game-destroying but everything that was fun or relevant about feral is gone for me. It's not unique, enjoyable, or viable.
Just as we expected. It's almost impossible to get anywhere without spam dispels. I'm running double healer right now for lolz, and I still have a hard time getting on something.
Just as we expected. It's almost impossible to get anywhere without spam dispels. I'm running double healer right now for lolz, and I still have a hard time getting on something.


Giggidy.

Same here. I started out thinking this would be a few kinds of win with the buff to Shred/Mangle seeing as how my overall damage has gone up a bit. Unfortunately the lack of reaching any target in a team situation makes for a sad cat-dog. Probably going to let the account run out and wait out The Old Republic.
Dear Blizzard,
I just want to thank you blizzard for totally destroying the pvp resto druid with this 4.0.6 patch. I want to thank them for taking one of my few defenses away from me that I have against warriors and rogues. Since you have stripped us of all other defenses I am so happy that you have taken my instant cast of entangling roots and now gave me a 1.42 cast time. Thank you for allowing me now to get destroyed while I cast this spell standing still, that is provided I dont get interrupted. This has been a wonderful improvement to my game play. I also want to thank you for allowing once good raid healers to become tank healers. Oh I know we can raid heal but the significant aspect of being a druid was that we werent like other healing classes. I want to congradulate you on successfully meeting your achievement on making all classes equal. Well I guess equal is a relative term now isnt it. I guess I need to find out the toons you guys are playing so that I may consider myself equal to the other toons. Unfortunately, for you people at blizzard, I am starting to see why so many people are leaving and going to play the game Rift. I guess that doesnt matter since you made you bank with Catacylsym. Well keep it up Blizz with the game play Rift is offering you guys may not be that equal anymore...
I don't like that our fate is almost entirely in the hands of others in the BGs.

One game people dispel you and you're fine, running rampant as ever - then another game no one does and you get some scrubby Mage who just ignores you because every time you attack, you're frozen and eventually he deliberately casts a frost nova and runs off...

As far as I can tell, half the people out there don't know yet that you can root a Feral.

I'm sure this isn't what you had in mind Blizzard.

Edit: Oh and the glyph of roots cast-time reduction by .02 seconds gets lost in my garbage latency.
Better in some ways worse in others. Average patch, BUT...

Much easier to pick up the DPS after an AoE health wipe. I was having trouble with that on my main, Soixanteneuf (not hiding behind an alt, posting on this guy because I like the server and I have a perverse fascination with levelling Druids in the random queue. He's me new project).

WG buff = Fantastic in every respect. Nice healing, nice availability. It felt better.

Rejuv nerf = Didn't notice on any Druid at any level (too many Druids).

Nourish buff = Its a situational buff rather than one you chase down. I'm not wasting bloody Rejuvs on people who don't need them, so I'm not trying to set this up. That said....there's a lot of times where I DO have 3 RJ's out, I use Nourish constantly anyway (I am not having mana issues on any druid at any level). Its nice, I like it and will keep it in my spec.

I don't like having Regrowth roll over Lifebloom. There's times when I REALLY want that to bloom, but I'm not sure if the tank will last long enough so I need a substantial heal that won't screw the damn bloom ;)
Regrowth used to do that. Why not just remove Regrowth completely from the game and return Nourish to the nice flash heal it was?


I don't like having Regrowth roll over Life bloom. There's times when I REALLY want that to bloom, but I'm not sure if the tank will last long enough so I need a substantial heal that won't screw the damn bloom ;)
Regrowth used to do that. Why not just remove Regrowth completely from the game and return Nourish to the nice flash heal it was?



yeah i wish i we had a way to make it pop ^>^
I honestly didn't think it would go live. I don't know what the point of having a PTR is if you don't listen to the people giving you feedback. Anyways now that it has gone live I decided to give it a try. I can not even express how frustrated I have gotten in just the last 48 hours trying to pvp with feral in it's current state. I could go on and on and make point after point but I think pretty much everything that can be said and every point that can be made has been made. Now all that's left is the question: Blizzard, will you listen?
im debating about staying boomkin/resto or going boomkin/feral..i never really liked the druid healing system much at all..but reading this 4.0.6 patch crap makes me wanna just go to the owner of blizz and slap-a-hoe maybe ill dump my druid all together and just stick to my frost DK...seeing as blizz seems to be taking what little fun i was having in druid away..
Im one of those guys who said it probably wont be bad, I said I'd give it a try.......

I regret saying anything that i did say, I had a 30min 2's fight with a priest mage, my team is priest feral.......




you can guess who won in the end
mages?

i need to actually set up my feral..i was boomy/resto since before cata hit..so i have no idea how to set up feral..tho i think ill just drop this toon all together..unless my guild needs an 85 for raids..
from the little testing I've done so far, it's actually worse than I anticipated... the main unexpected change: the fun factor is significantly diminished. It feels like I'm playing a really crappy rogue that's easy to CC. I already cancelled my account, though I doubt even that action will make them listen.
I did a twin peaks yesterday.. chasing the enemy flag carrier trying to hit him and getting rooted by everything sucked. I watched as other melee teammates that weren't druids broke roots with ease from one mechanic or another, while I just sat there.. good news was people are less likely to attack you if your the only one rooted while others aren't.

The other good news, I was more likely to do serious damage to someone once I could actually hit them, of course hitting them was the problem.
I'm glad to see lots of druids cancel accounts!
It's the type of feedback they really can't ignore.

I turned off two accounts, this patch sucked hard for us Boomkins.
Removing instant roots really screwed us.

I'm pretty sure they will find a way to add it to a deep Balance talent most likely Fungal Growth. That will be the only reason I would ever drop points into that worthless talent.
They keep trying to ram it down our throats but it really sucks. They need to remove the GCD's for casting them, there is no need for the gcd on top of the cd on detonate.
They need to make the area of the slow much bigger or make the slow act like chains of ice and start at like 90% and fade down to 50%, that would be worth the effort to cast.
Right now it's not even a speed bump.

If they do decide to add it to a deep balance talent my hope is they will use force of nature.

There are other big issue with balance read here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1827665007
But the biggest is instant roots!
Bottom line, if they give Boomkin instant roots back I'm still playing other wise hello Battlefield 3.
I'm glad to see lots of druids cancel accounts!
It's the type of feedback they really can't ignore.


Actually it is.
Why?
Because all that happened was the FotM changed.
Most of the "cancels" didn't, and the few that did will re-activate.

Go log into the newbie zones. Its all Mages learning to throw their frostbolts.
Its really nice to get all the FotM kiddies out of our class. Sorry Mages, they are on the way to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment