Thursday, April 12, 2012

PVP Bracers for Tanking?

[:1]So I've been trying to get my gear ready to tank heroics and have hit up halls of origination a few times with no luck at the Poison Fang Bracers

I have enough honor to pick up Bloodthirsty Gladiator's Armwraps of Accuracy, which has 29 more agility, 30 more stamina, and 19 more hit on them than the ilvl 333 Poison Fang Bracers. The only thing is I lose the 100 haste rating which would become 60 haste / 40 dodge rating after reforging.

I'm currently wearing Flarefire Bracers (ilvl 318 green) and by switching to either of the blue bracers noted above, I would lose a good bit of crit and mastery but would gain hit, agility, and stam. So I figure one of the two above would be a solid upgrade.

So I'm just wondering what I should do about bracers... I think I should get the PVP ones until I can get the heroic Poison Fang Bracers but just not sure how acceptable that would be for tanking heroics.
Yes. The pvp bracers and the relic are fine. Lacking in style points, and I would love it if that stingy bastard would drop my pve bracers, but really a solid choice imo.
yeah, actually until they nerf it the 4piece pvp set with its huge jump in agility makes it better for dps than the equivalent pve spec (hence why they are nerfing it)

generally I will stay away from pvp stuff, but that being said you gotta do what you gotta do, and there is no denying that even with the resil on those braces its better than the 318 ones you are wearing. But I think there are a couple other bracer drops (if maybe not itemized the best way) that you could shoot for. I had placeholder 346 braces until I could get those.
The 346 bracers in heroic SFK(Double Dealing Bracers, not sure how to link) off Lord Walden are way better itemized than the ones in H HoO, you should probably be going for them instead if you're planning on tanking, and reforging the crit to dodge with the 130agil LW chant.

Edit: Apparently I fail at reading, just use what I've said after you actually get tanking heroics. :S Sorry.

With the increased armor/agil I'm pretty sure the PvP bracers are a good substitute until you can get the bracers from H SFK.
Yes pls enchant your bracers with agi. Also you will want more agi than you have now even at the expense of stam in order to tank heroics. Otherwise your gear is fine green bracers and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment