Thursday, April 12, 2012

Threat is definitely an issue now(bears)

[:1]I'm not finding any blue posts in response to this, so if anyone knows whats up, I'd appreciate it.

Tanked heroic deadmines last night with a partial guild group. I logged out in my kitty gear, but my bear gear is about the same level.

The fury warrior in our group (guildie) was pulling threat off me the whole night. Last week this was not an issue. Fortunately our healer (paladin) is very good and prevented any wipes, but if this was a pug we might have wiped once or twice and I would have felt bad.

I know my rotation, I know how to establish threat on multiple mobs. I know all the fights, all the trash pulls.

When helix popped I simply could NOT establish aggro on him. He's immune to taunt.
At least I remember in the past he would always just be attacking me, unless I'm mistaken about this.

Either way, my threat is way down. This makes tanking very frustrating and now I'm not even sure if I would want to tank pugs anymore.

on the flipside we got vigorous vancleef vindicator, using no special strategy, just going really fast. We even one-shotted vanessa after engaging.
Helix.. That's the goblin right?

He jumps to anyone and plants bombs on them.. threat wont do anything to him
Helix.. That's the goblin right?

He jumps to anyone and plants bombs on them.. threat wont do anything to him

You can make him melee you even if he's on someone else's head, as long as you're close enough.
Helix.. That's the goblin right?

He jumps to anyone and plants bombs on them.. threat wont do anything to him

You can make him melee you even if he's on someone else's head, as long as you're close enough.


Oh I see.

-- Well I will comment that warriors can be rough to hold off of for any tank, especially if they pop their enrage and use raging blow... That thing causes massive amounts of threat.
the lock in our group also pulled off me.

but yeah warriors do seem to pull more threat off me than any other class.

I'm just posting my experience post-patch, in terms of tanking.

Its not god-awful omg I want to rage quit, but from one day to the next its pretty drastic.

I don't mind not doing ridiculous dps, however I do mind not being able to do my job as well as I was doing it previously.

I'm not a theorycrafter or a number-cruncher. I'm not elitist and I'm not the best bear tank in the world. I do put a serious amount of effort into my character - talents, gems, glyphs, enchants, rotation, strategies, etc...
I'm a good tank and I know what I'm doing in there. So what I'm saying is that I dont think when I'm losing aggro, that its something I'm doing wrong.
I haven't found tanking to be too bad at all, done a heroic and the valentine's day event now. Had people doing 15-20k DPS on most pulls in the heroic and holding wasn't an issue at all. I probably lost threat on something 4-5 times through, which about where I was before the nerf, but nothing I didn't have a taunt/bash ready for, and it was a result of using no marks or CC.
whats this valentine's day event all about now?


There was a blue post last night about this. There is an unintentional 6% reduction in bears AP. They are looking into it. They don't know why.

You are not dreaming.

It's near the end of this thread...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2046965610
aha, so the answer is that there is no answer ;-)

thanks
I just got done running a heroic with a fury warrior in pvp gear and had the same problem. Also in raids I've noticed a drastic drop in threat. If you check my gear, you'll notice that's not the problem. I had no problem with threat before the patch and now it's to a point where I notice it's definitely much lower. If I'm missing or messing up my rotation that's one thing, but it' almost to a point where I think it's a bug. I don't mind using skills to keep threat, but it really seems as though they broke a threat mechanic somewhere along the line.

*Lol took a bit too long to post. Thanks for the update, as I felt something was wrong.*

No comments:

Post a Comment